Farmer's Market Benefits
Content by: NCES, Inc.
Shop local and shop healthy. There are Farmer's Markets in almost every community.
It's not only healthy, but a great outing with the family. Many States have begun regulating Vendors at Farmer's Markets to assure food safety and product claims. This great download can get the whole family interested in going.
1. Make a list of favorite Farmer's Market foods.
2. Find recipes to prepare delicious dishes of your favorites.
Did you know?
- Most foods in the grocery store travel an average of 1500 miles to reach the shelf.
- Fresh foods are nutrient dense.
1. Find a Farmer's Market near you! Use the SoulFIRE Health Farmer's Market search in the Apps section.
2. Search for your recipes that create a delicious dish. How? Use the SoulFIRE Health Recipe search in the Apps section.
You’ve heard it before. Yes, breakfast is still the most important meal of the day! Whether you start your day at 7:00 a.m. or 11:00 a.m., you need to fuel your body and jump-start your day.
Mealtime Mania: Make time for Breakfast!