Weight Management Checklist for Professionals
Content by: Erin Nugent, RD
Reaching and maintaining a healthy weight is key in treating and preventing chronic diseases. For many individuals, weight management is perceived as an unattainable goal. Read More!
As health professionals, we can help these individuals to grasp the concept by working on small and attainable goals that can lead to weight management.
Use this checklist to start small and work through the many layers of weight management with clients.
1. Discuss long term and short term goals.
2. Understand appropriate portion sizes.
3. Identify hidden calorie sources: look at beverages and snacks.
4. Reading a nutrition label, and how to navigate the grocery store.
5. Physical activity - how to make it part of your routine.
6. Increase fruits and vegetables in the diet.
7. Teach the benefits of breakfast.
8. Encourage healthy snacks.
9. Identify a support system for long term health outcomes
10. Reassess goals, it is okay for goals to evolve over time
Eating out and carry out! Evaluate the calories in fast foods, eating out and carry out meals.
1. Educate on meal planning.
2. Offer assistance in designing a plan that fits the lifestyle.
2. Keep it simple.
I'm a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me. It's easy.